Monday, July 8, 2013

1984 Football - But In A Baseball Card Style!

There are teams from certain eras that I grew up loving.  I used to wish there were more cards available of those old players but there were limits as to what was available - especially when it came to football cards.  As the sport of baseball added new manufacturers in the 80's like Fleer, Donruss, Bowman, Score, etc... us football fans where stuck with one company for much of the decade of the 80's.

One of the many fun projects has been creating new football team sets by using the corresponding year's baseball card design.  I always loved this 1984 baseball design so I decided to make an Dallas Cowboys team set with that style.  I thought the action photo with head shot in the colored box was a nice touch.  The design was clean and classic looking.  I've done this with several Basketball and Hockey designs as well.

RetroCards Custom 1984 Topps Baseball
1984 Topps Baseball set featuring the Dallas Cowboys



Check out the whole 1984 Cowboys RetroCards set here



2 comments:

  1. You are my very first comment on this blog. Thanks for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete